- Disposable barrier per patient: x-ray heads, keyboards, mouse lights suctions, handpieces, bib holders, etc., i.e., almost everything we touch will be covered by a disposable barrier and tossed away as we always do after each patient leaves.
- We have also added HEPA filtration systems to trap particles and viruses down.
- We will be performing all aerosol-producing procedures in a close operatory to prevent the aerosol transfer from room to room. We have installed a double-strength suction system for use during procedures to reduce aerosol and particle dispersion.
- We have added the Flexi glass barrier at the front desk and redistributed the chairs in the waiting room to be 6 ft or more apart from each other. Upon arrival, you can choose to wait in the car and inform us about it. We will text or call you when the room is ready. At the front desk, you will get a one-time use (or yours to keep) pen for completing any paperwork. You also don't need to hand us your credit card to pay any balances.
- We added a temporal thermometer to screen all staff and patients to make sure they are free of any symptoms and fevers.
- Please make sure to wear masks upon entering the practice and maintain them until they are seated in the treatment room; please keep them on until we request you to remove or lower them. We have hand sanitizer and encourage you to use it upon entry to the office, restrooms, and treatment rooms.
- Please do not bring any additional companions for your appointment unless necessary. Only patients to be consulted that day should visit the office.
- We'll assign certain hours to our pregnant or senior patients to minimize having them at the same time with the rest of the patients.
- Our patients will be asked to complete a symptoms survey and have their temperature checked before being seen.
- Every patient will be asked to swish with a solution before any procedure to disinfect their mouth and reduce the spread of unwanted microbes.
- All staff, doctors, and hygienists are highly trained in infection control and will help us implement these new protocols. Our team is checked daily for any COVID- 19 symptoms to ensure everyone's safety. As usual, the doctors, dental assistants, dental hygienists, and even the front person will be using full PPE and maintain social distance.
- We have taken every precaution to make this moment possible and provide you with the care that continues to meet the highest safety and quality standards. Your safety remains our top priority, and you should expect no less.
Here are the latest guidelines from the California Dental Association on COVID-19: https://www.cda.org/Home/News-and-Events/COVID-19
We have taken all of these steps mentioned above, and many more, so you can have the confidence that, when you need care, there is no better or safer place to be.
We are ready to see you and are here for you always, whenever you need us.
Dr. Ahmad and staff.